Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"boxbot" worm simulation framework

I spent some time re-designing how I am going to interface the Box2D/Liquidfun physics simulations with TensorFlow, and in the process I wrote a somewhat generic framework for 2D robot simulation for Reinforcement Learning. I intend to clean up the codebase and release it as a separate project after this main capstone project is done.

I used Google Protobufs to define my robot and environment models, which can be used to express rigid-body link hierarchy coupled together by flexible muscles.

Thanks to Protobufs, I can define the robot models in Python and quickly export them to C++.

Here are a couple robots I made:

octopus arm with a fixed base:

  
Worm:

These two models are actuated via a pair of dorsal and ventral muscles between adjacent segments.



No comments:

Post a Comment